Engage Renfrewshire supports charities and community groups to build capacity and to be safe, by providing information, advice and training, for everything from constitutions to funding.
We can help you achieve the change you would like to see in your local community.
At Engage we can support you with
- Establishing a new group
- Developing your group’s capacity and resources
- Setting up your constitution
- Becoming a Scottish registered charity
- Navigating local community planning structures
- Applying for voluntary and statutory funding
- Setting up your bookkeeping and financial systems
- Developing sustainability for your group
- Other advice and support
We also organise free training courses to give you the skills you need to operate more effectively and to strengthen your service delivery. Learning programmes include:
- Governance/Committee skills
- Responsibilities of the Board of Directors
- Food and Hygiene
- First Aid
- Policy development
Have a look at what’s coming up using our training calendar HERE.
Plus we help you source funding by providing
- Running a yearly funding fayre. These provide the opportunity to chat to actual funding officers from a variety of local and national funders. For example BIG Lottery, Renfrewshire Council, Glasgow Flightpath fund, Lloyds TSB etc.
- Run two 1-2-1 funding spotlight sessions. Here we invite one funder to come along and over the course of a morning they will provide a presentation on their fund, then offer the chance to sit and talk about funding ideas directly with them for a fixed period of time. This year we have already organised The Robertson trust to come along.
- GRANTfinder is a new search engine that we have brought in. This provides us with the opportunity to access over 8000 potential funders, from charities to Social Enterprises to small community associations. We plan to run monthly sessions where groups can come along to our offices and discuss all the funding requirements they have and we can set up a profile with all the funders that they can access.
- Over and above our organised options we will meet up wherever or whenever the group needs and chat through their funding needs.
- Plus we will act as a 2nd set of eyes to look over and provide feedback and comments on any funding application before you submit it.
Have a look at our quickguides and the funding toolkit HERE
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0141 887 7707. Sign up for our weekly e-alert with funding links, training dates and other information HERE.